At Durham Technical Community College, we understand that students may struggle from time to time to pay their expenses. Unexpected situations may make it difficult for our students to progress satisfactorily toward completion of their academic and career goals.
Durham Tech’s Emergency Financial Assistance Program is here to help. Please review the eligibility criteria below and talk with us about your needs; we want to help you be successful. To be eligible to apply for assistance, a student must meet these criteria:
- Be enrolled in an eligible program or approved continuing education certificate course;
- Meet satisfactory academic progress; and have instructor complete Student Progress Report
- Have a verifiable address;
- Have a copy of current rent/mortgage, bills, etc.;
- Be currently experiencing an unforeseen financial emergency;
- At risk of being unable to continue in school due to that emergency; and
- Be willing to speak with a counselor about a plan for future financial success.
Assistance is granted without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender, disability or national origin.
If you believe you may be a candidate for assistance from the Durham Tech Emergency Financial Assistance Program, you are invited to speak with the program administrator, Ms. Karen Mosley, in the Phail Wynn Jr., Student Activities Center, room 1209. If you complete the application first, you will be contacted to schedule a meeting.